Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/whitet10/public_html/forum/header.php on line 225
Whitetail World Forums -
Browsing Forums
Whitetail World
WEATHER:
Team WTW Forums Community Classifides Resources WTW Store
Whitetail World Forums
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/whitet10/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 545

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/whitet10/public_html/forum/include/functions.inc.php on line 545

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
Author: Subject: Safty Harnesses
StevePlantz
Fork Horn

Mood: Is it September yet?

[*] posted on 9-6-2011 at 23:10
Safty Harnesses

All new tree stands now come with a safety harness and a belt that goes around the tree. If you have any laying around that you are not using I am looking for as many as I can get my hands on. I take the harnesses and have more belts made out of them so I can leave one in each tree that I have a stand in. So if you have any you would like to part with please reply to this post.

http://www.whitetailworld.com/pictures/avatars/i_am_a_team_member.gif

Bluffland Whitetails Association

If you shoot all the good ones, you'll never shoot a great one! :rock:

ta2d
Button Buck

Mood: Are we there yet?

[*] posted on 9-8-2011 at 22:16

I'm pretty sure I do have some harnesses I will check and see this weekend. I will be buying 1 or 2 more stands this fall so I will definately hook you up with those when I get them!

To be old and wise, you must first be young and stupid

StevePlantz
Fork Horn

[*] posted on 9-8-2011 at 23:03

Thanks ta2d that would be great!!! :rock:

ta2d
Button Buck

[*] posted on 9-11-2011 at 18:34

Ok I just got done going through the garage and I found 2 harnesses that you can have. 1 has a tree strap and 1 does not.

gutone4me
200 Incher

Mood: excited for a career change !

[*] posted on 9-11-2011 at 20:01

Steve I have at least 15 of them I will give them to Joel or Jason or Bob the next time I see them to give to you

Pat Howard Monster Raxx Pro Staff
http://i877.photobucket.com/albums/ab339/gutone4me/maxx_your_raxx.gif
http://i877.photobucket.com/albums/ab339/gutone4me/wtw_avatar_team_member_copy.jpg

ta2d
Button Buck

[*] posted on 9-11-2011 at 20:40

dang that's a bunch lol. I personally don't like harnesses and use the safety belt.

gutone4me
200 Incher

[*] posted on 9-11-2011 at 21:01

I have over 20 ladder stands and get one with every stand

http://i877.photobucket.com/albums/ab339/gutone4me/wtw_avatar_team_member_copy.jpg

ta2d
Button Buck

[*] posted on 9-11-2011 at 21:22

dang that's a lot lol. I personally don't care for ladder stands I like to try and be 20-30' in the air. I am down to 6 hangers now. I had a couple of ladder stands and a couple of hangers in our river bottoms and someone came up the river in the off season and stole them!!!

gutone4me
200 Incher

[*] posted on 9-11-2011 at 21:30

My hunting buddy is my wife and she is not a fan of hang ons So ladder stands it is. I have no problems killing deer 17 ft up.

ta2d
Button Buck

[*] posted on 9-11-2011 at 22:04

Right on that's cool to each their own and I am just used to hangers. I've killed deer down low and several from the ground too. Last year I wasn't seeing anything but coons and got bored so I started target practicing on coons. Well I ran out of arrows and while picking up my arrows a management buck came trotting across the field and I smoked him at 10 yards. :)

StevePlantz
Fork Horn

[*] posted on 9-21-2011 at 19:31

Back to the top!:rock:

ta2d
Button Buck

[*] posted on 9-21-2011 at 22:33

If you want my harnesses then PM me your address.

StevePlantz
Fork Horn

[*] posted on 9-22-2011 at 18:03

Quote:
Originally posted by gutone4me
Steve I have at least 15 of them I will give them to Joel or Jason or Bob the next time I see them to give to you

Thanks Pat I appreciate that!!! :rock:

I did not see this reply untill today.

StevePlantz
Fork Horn

[*] posted on 9-22-2011 at 18:11

Quote:
Originally posted by ta2d
If you want my harnesses then PM me your address.

PM sent!:rock:

StevePlantz
Fork Horn

[*] posted on 9-22-2011 at 18:13

Quote:

Pat what brand of ladder stands do you have?

smokey
150 Class

Mood: Hunting isn't everything, it's the only thing

[*] posted on 9-22-2011 at 18:50

I would be a little concerned with the belts weathering if left outdoors for long making them unsafe. Just a thought.

StevePlantz
Fork Horn

[*] posted on 9-22-2011 at 19:57

Quote:
Originally posted by smokey
I would be a little concerned with the belts weathering if left outdoors for long making them unsafe. Just a thought.

I have a friend who has done this for a few years now and takes them down after each season and checks them over good if any are flawed he tosses them.

smokey
150 Class

Mood: Hunting isn't everything, it's the only thing

[*] posted on 9-24-2011 at 05:52

O.K. let me look around. I am sure I have some extras I can send.

gutone4me
200 Incher

[*] posted on 9-24-2011 at 06:56

Quote:
Originally posted by StevePlantz
Quote:

Pat what brand of ladder stands do you have?

Lots of Gander Mountain brand (Lori used to work there) some Big Game some rivers edge and some $50 specials We have been slowly upgrading to the nicer ones with cushioned seats but I still find places to stick the old ones for odd winds and other situations :ninja:

StevePlantz
Fork Horn

[*] posted on 9-24-2011 at 21:40

I have a couple of the Big Game 20 footers, really like those. Between my hunting partner and me we have 5 17 ft Remington Ladder Stands from Walmart they are not too bad, they have side rails and a flip down shooting rail and a padded seat.

Go To Top